- Drip irrigation is placed at the very top of the system.
- Use 3/4″ Irrigation tubing with 1/2 gal/hr button emitters.
- The drip system goes in last on top of the felt so it is easily accessible to observe and verify water flow and change emitter if required.
- Recommend to use 2 emitters per grid. This helps distribute water more evenly and provides a backup emitter if one becomes clogged.
- For detailed information see: Florafelt Drip Irrigation Guide
Florafelt Pro System Installation
Drip Irrigation is added to the Florafelt Pro System for a custom living wall installation for a private home in Carmel, California. This internal courtyard living facade was created and installed by Living Green Design, San Francisco.
Irrigation timer is located near the water source and will be hidden within the living wall itself. Zip times are used to secure the timer and tubing to the wire grids.
All tubing is located at the front of the wall for easy access for future maintenance. Simplicity and convenience are optimal for a reliable system.
Drip emitters are inserted into the tubing at at standing level to make it easier. Once the emitters are placed the tubing is moved to the top row then secured into place.
Holes are created with an irrigation tubing punch designed for drip emitters.
1/2 gallon per hour button emitters are placed 2 per pocket 1 inch inside each wire.
A 1/2 irrigation tubing tee will connect to the timer below.
Tubing with emitters placed is then attached to the top front edge with zip ties.
Emitters are pointed inward so they will drip into the system. We typically recommend to use 2 1/2 gallon drip emitters per pocket column. It’s best to leave the drip system visible to allow for visual inspection and replacement.